Search This Blog

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Why I Love You

Dear Amazing Staff Members,

My job is a little different....I am seemingly always on the move, from classrooms, to duties, to meetings, to planning sessions, etc. - Though moving 1,000 mph is challenging, it offers one unique and special gift; I get to be around everything. I get to see the little moments that make me smile, the challenges you fight through, the accomplishments you quietly make. I was there when you stopped a teary eyed child in the hallway and made her day with a smile and reassurance. I was there when the clock struck 6 and you were preparing for the next day. I was there when you met with a parent, fought for your student, worked side by side with your team, and gave every ounce of energy you had to your classroom and community.

You see, it's because of the little things that I love you. I love your heart, your desire, your passion and your little successes. I love your perseverance, your tenacity, and your ideas. I love that you chose such a challenging profession...and whether you are in a classroom, with a small group, or working one on one with a student - you are making a difference in the life of someone wonderful and precious. I love you for all you are and all you do.

You are an educator...you make a difference each moment of every day. You change lives, you bring hope, you provide support, and you set a path to greatness with every child you meet. What you do is a gift, and it's the fact that you embrace this gift each day that makes me say I love you.

Dear Brilliantly Wonderful Students,

It's me, your principal. I know you don't get to see me everyday in your classroom or in the hallway. But let me let you in on a secret...I hear about you all the time, and I am always here to support you.

There are lots of moments I get to see - like the time you didn't give up on that design challenge and were able to get the boat made of tissues to float...well, at least for a minute. Or that time you stopped and helped your friend pick up his papers when they fell on the floor. I was there when you passed that test, there when you learned about coding, saw you get Citizen of the Month and perfect attendance. I was there when you learned from your mistake. I see you each morning at carpool, and all over the building throughout the day.

I know you hear this from your teachers all the time, but I want you to know that I love you too. I love that you never give up when the work gets hard, that you practice sounding out words and remembering your multiplication facts. I love that you take risks, take ownership of your learning, and ask really hard questions that stump your teachers. I love that you embrace the process of learning, and are not afraid to make a mistake...because after all, that's how we learn! I love that you tell stories, make friends, create artwork and solve problems. I love when you come to school smiling and leave exhausted from a hard day of learning...but not too tired to tell your family about all the great things you did.

You are only in elementary school for a little while, but know this: The decisions you make each day matter, the friends you make and the teachers that love you matter, the hard work you put in and the process of learning something new matters, and in the end...I will always be proud of you, no matter what.

Dear Parents - ALL Parents,

Hey, it's me, your child's principal. To grandparents, foster parents, step parents, friends and family...if you take care of a child that comes to our school, this is meant for you. I want you to know that I love you. I really do, not just saying that...

I love that you trust us with the most wonderful and precious gift in your life - your child. I love that you trust we are doing all we can each and every day to ensure your child gets the very best. I love that even when mistakes happen, academic struggles occur, and big decisions are needed to be made...you remember we are in this together, as a team. There is no question you are your child's biggest advocate, but I promise, we are a close second - and I love that you recognize that.

I love that you volunteer, join the PTA, bring food on teacher appreciation days, come to conferences and school events, have lunch with your child, and allow me to welcome you when you come in. I love that you support us each day and come alongside us as we work together to make our school great.

I love you because you are our partner, for being a parent, for making a difference, and showing you care. Thank you for supporting us, thank you for sharing with others how much we mean to you, and thank you for trusting that we love your children for who they are.

Dear All Above,

Thank you for allowing me the privilege to love and serve you each day. It's not always perfect, mistakes are made and changes occur, but we are in this together - and I love that I get to be on this journey with you each day -

So, why do I love you? Because you are an amazing and wonderful blessing in my life - and a blessing I am truly grateful for.

4 comments:

  1. You have such a beautiful servant heart. I'm sure you are loved by ALL in your community. You are truly an amazing leader. Keep going, don't stop. I'll be cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an excellent way to show your authenticity and passion for education and learning Ryan. You are an excellent role model for educators, parents, students, and everyone else. Please don't ever stop spreading your message, positivity and be the best person you can be is contagious. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am truly impressed and inspired by your genuine approach to your feelings. I think it is safe to say that your teachers, students, and parents feel the same way about you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am truly impressed and inspired by your genuine approach to your feelings. I think it is safe to say that your teachers, students, and parents feel the same way about you.

    ReplyDelete